Saturday, July 16, 2011

How do you breastfeed correctly?

I just had my daughter 5 weeks ago. (first time parent) From the moment she was born, I breastfed her correctly for two days from the help of two lactation consultans.Then I ended up getting sore nipples to where they were chapped, cracked, and bleeding. This just made me emotional because even though I was in pain I still tried to feed her but it was too painful. So I had to supplement formula for her to eat. But when me and my fiance got home from the hospital it was hard for me to help her get in the right position. She would latch but only on the tip, and again I got sore nipples. I called the hotlines, went to Healthy Beginnings to show me how. It seems it's easy when someone helps me but when I do it on my own it isn't so easy anymore. Anyway, these last few weeks I been giving her formula, which I don't want. I don't wanna give up on giving her breastmilk. I still have milk in my breast. Is there someone out there that can explain this in a much easier way.

No comments:

Post a Comment